Work with us
Smith & Love is a planning consultancy with a difference. We have the same high levels of expert knowledge as a national firm, years of experience and countless contacts. The difference is we’re small in size but big on experience. Based in the North West, we remain close to your project, providing a quality service to national clients.
We’ve built our reputation on the strength and depth of our work, results and long-lasting relationships.
Senior Planner / Principal Planner
The successful applicant should have at least 5 years post graduate experience and be a full member of the RTPI.
The successful candidate can expect to undertake the following day-to-day tasks:
- Appraise the development potential of sites and provide written and verbal advice to clients.
- Brief and manage external sub-consultants in the preparation of planning applications and appeals. Independently prepare and manage small to medium scale planning applications and appeals.
- Support the Directors in larger scale planning applications, appeals, and strategic land promotion.
- Undertake business development and attend business networking events.
- Chartership (desired but not essential)
- High quality written and oral communication.
- A good understanding of planning legislation.
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to nurture strong relationships with clients, local authorities and external teams.
- Experience of managing deadlines and successfully delivering projects.
- Have strong commercial awareness in either the private sector or local authority.
- Be willing to work flexibly as and when required.
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary: £35,000 - £50,000 pa
- Excellent holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- RTPI membership fees paid and commitment to on-going CPD
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Car parking fees paid